Auto brake repair and maintenance is important for your safety, that of your passengers and other road users. Any slight problem detected in the braking system should be attended to as soon as possible since ignoring such is a recipe for potential problems or accidents. As a driver, it is imperative to know when the brakes need attention and some of the signs you should watch out for include-:
- Squealing sounds when you step on the brake pedal
- When the pedal seems spongy or presses further to the flow than normal
- The vehicle tends to pull to the left or right when you step on the pedal
- Presence of vibrations during braking.
Factors affecting brake wear
Various factors may be responsible for brake wear, including defects by the manufacturer. However, for most of the cases, the wear is usually caused by-:
- Your driving habits – are you the kind of driver who loves instant braking or you are the patient type that leaves a reasonable distance between you and the car in front, such that your braking is never instant? The braking system will wear out faster for the former compared to the latter, thus necessitating frequent brake repairs.
- Where you drive – driving on smooth city roads will be more forgiving to your braking parts compared to driving in off-road environments.
- The quality of repair and maintenance – where you go for auto brake repair services also matters when it comes to the frequency of the services. If you go to quack mechanics, the quality of the services may never be guaranteed, and you may find yourself back at the repair shop after a short while. This may not be the case when your brakes are serviced by skilled and experienced auto mechanics.
How to choose the right auto brake repair shop
A lot of vigilance is necessary when choosing an auto repair shop for your brake repair needs. Though most of the mechanics will have some experience in repairing auto brakes, you don’t want your car brakes to be handled by just anyone. You ideal mechanic should have extensive experience in installing, repairing and maintaining brake systems of your car’s type or model. They should be trustworthy, and upfront about the condition of brakes and tell you exactly what the problem is and how they intend to solve it. If replacement parts are necessary, such should be of good quality and must have a warranty should something go wrong after you leave the shop. Finally, their rates should not be exorbitant, and they should be able to do the job within a reasonable time to not cause you any inconveniences.
Bring your car into Sonoma Auto Tech for a Free Brake Inspection with a Coupon from our website: Sonoma Auto Tech Coupons